The School of Education (SOE) welcomes external scholars and students to visit us and to collaborate on cutting-edge educational research. The duration of the visiting program may last from two months to one academic year.
Visiting scholars and students are encouraged to fully participate in the creative and intellectual community of SOE, and are asked to deliver at least one lecture (and/or provide a similar contribution). Those who stay for more than one semester will be required to deliver one guest lecture (and/or similar contribution to the community) per semester.
(1) It is important to understand that applicants must secure funding for accommodation, traveling and living expenses for the period of their visit, with no financial support from SOE.
(2) Please note the university is closed during summer and winter vacations. Please check the SJTU calendar before making your plans.
(3) You may submit your visit application at any time but make sure you apply in advance.
The application for visiting SOE requires potential applicants to:
(1) Contact a host professor. Please check the faculty directory;
(2) Send an email to Dr. CEN Yuhao, Assistant Dean of Student Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy the email to your host professor;
(3) Submit a letter of intent, state the desired dates of temporary residence, reasons for visiting SOE, proposed projects, the name of the host professor, and describe the contribution the intellectual life of SOE community;
(4) Submit your CV.
The applications will be passed to the Committee on Graduate Education at SOE for further review. If accepted, applications will be directly submitted to the university system to obtain invitation letters. The secretary of the Committee will help with other related matters.